Friday, August 7, 2009

Introduction

Hi folks, it's Christopher Dooley your friendly neighborhood dramaturg. I like to do things a bit differently than other dramaturgs that I have worked with, so I feel that I need to clue you all in to how I work. In the past when I have worked with dramaturgs I have recieved enourmous amounts of paper/packets. I've always thought to myself "Why don't they just set up a blog and post all the information there? It cuts down on paper waste (lets be honest, I know there are some actors in the world who never utilize the work their dramaturg provides) and you'll never lose the information." So here is my brainchild, the Equus dramaturgical blog. I'll be keeping this updated regularly throughout the process and will be posting in a number of different ways.

First, and most simply, I will just dump a few links of what I'm currently reading. This gives you a grounding in where I'm coming from and gives you the ability to look at the same things I am.

Second, I will post entries pertaining to one or two specific topics. This allows me to streamline and highlight the important information from the linkdumps.

Third, I will also post just general interesting facts. This can range from a couple of youtube links, to just a short blurb of something I think pertains to the show.


I hope some of you have gmail or blogger accounts because I will open up each post to allow comments. This will help me and your fellow colleagues get on the same page. If you have questions PLEASE ask them. I guarantee you will not be the only one. So please, if you have any questions/comments/concerns please write them down, email me, or give me a call. I cannot garentee I will always have an answer for you, but I do promise I will do my best to answer the question within 24 hours.

If there's anything else you need to know please do not hesitate to contact me. Emailing is best and chances are you will get a response very quickly.


Christopher Dooley
614.353.4479 (c)
Topher [dot] Dooley [at] gmail [dot] com

No comments:

Post a Comment